Hi! My name is Emma, and this is one of my favourite things to bake. This choc chip muffin recipe is easy to make and is very delicious, I hope you enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Muffins
Preparation: 15 minutes – Cooking: 15 minutes – Makes: 6 large muffins
- 2 Cups (250 g/8 oz) Plain Flour
- 2 ½ Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 3 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Caster Sugar
- 1 Cup (175g/6 oz) Dark Choc Bits
- ½ Cup (125 g/4 oz) Sour Cream
- ¾ Cup (185ml /6fl oz) Milk
- 90 g (3 oz) Butter, Melted
- Preheat the oven to 210°C (415°F/Gas 6-7).
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder into a large bowl and stir in the sugar and choc bits. Make a well in the centre.
- Mix together the sour cream, milk and butter and pour into the well at once. Using a wooden spoon, stir until just mixed. Do not overbeat, the batter should be lumpy.
- Lightly grease a six hole, 1-cup (250 ml/8 fl oz) muffin tin.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin holes.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the muffins are firm.
- Loosen from the tin with a flat-bladed knife and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.